For my first try I choose a recipe I found on pinterest posted by Damn Delicious. You can find her recipe here. Since I am doing Weight Watchers I adjusted the recipe a little bit ;-)
![]() |
| Photo credit by Damn Delicious and myself |
Ingredients
4 servings
1 spray of canola oil cooking spray
1 lb ground beef 90% lean
2 gloves garlic
1 onion, medium
4 cups chicken broth, sodium reduced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can light red kidney beans (drained)
1 can chili beans (not drained)
1 cup cheddar cheese, 2% reduced fat
10 oz elbow noodles, whole wheat
pepper, salt, chili powder
Just spray the canola oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until brown; drain excess fat. Add the chopped garlic and onions and cook until onions are glazed.
Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans and the chili beans. Bring it to a simmer and add the pasta. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat. Let it simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes. Season to taste with pepper, salt and chili power. At last add the cheese, cover the pot up and let it melt.
Enjoy your food :-)
