Montag, 10. Dezember 2012

News all around my Studies

In September I applied at the UMUC in Maryland and I sent them all the paperwork they needed. Additionally, they needed my bachelor degree to get evaluated. So I ordered at a evaluation company in New York a report and sent them all the paperwork, too. After a couple of weeks I received and email letting me know that I needed an official transcript of the Rajamangala University of Technology in Thanyaburi, Thailand, where I completed an exchange semester. At the same time I tried to convince UMUC to admitt me to the graduate college just for getting at least like a research class done, but hey no flexibilty at all! I mean it would has been my own risk getting admitted without maybe even having the same bachelor. But anyway I kind of understand their situation too so I accepted that I had to start studying in Spring.

Then I contacted my university in Germany to get a current email address of the contact person from Thailand. Then I was in email contact with the Dean of the Thai University. After I explained my situation and sent him all the necessary forms, he has led the rest of the way. Well, it seem really easy but ... Forget it! After over a month by mail from Thailand to New York, the rating company has contacted me to tell me that the envelope of the transcript was not sealed and was therefore not accepted *ahhhhhh* This was almost 3 weeks ago. Now I have spoken to the University in Thailand, again explained everything carefully and ask for express shipping. And today I finally got the long awaited email from the rating company: all documents are received and their evaluation is under way. On December 18th it should be ready!  I will definitely study from the spring semester *yeah* :)

long-awaited email :)