Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

[Recipe] chicken with pineapple & cashews

Today I cooked a really yammi lunch for the little One. Actually I am not a big fan of cooked pineapples, but hey I can't tell a baby to try everything and I am not doing it by myself. And I really like the cooked pineapples in this recipe :D It's a really quickly prepared lunch and just healthy things :) who wants can cook some rice as side, but we just ate it like that.

chicken with pineapple & cashews
Ingredients

Ingredients
(4 servings)

1 quarter pineapple
1/2 lbs brokkoli
4 carrots
1 bunch leeks
2 handful casheews
1.75 lbs chicken breast
onion, garlic, ginger
salt, pepper
olive oil

First cut the chicken in thin stripes and chop the onion. Fry both in a pot with a little bit olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. 

In the meantime wash all veggies and cut them in bit-sized pieces. Add them to the chicken and fill a little bit water in (a pinch not even a cup). Let everything cook for like 5-7 minutes in closed pot. Chop some ginger (0.5 inches) and the garlic clove. Add to chicken-veggie-mix. Cut the cashews in "small" pieces and add them to the mix.

cashews, so yammi :)
At last cut the pineapple and add 1 quarter to the chicen veggie mix and a little bit more water. Let everything cook for another 7-8 minutes. Finished :)

finished :)