Freitag, 16. November 2012

Halloween and other things

Such a storm like Sandy can not really throw the Americans out of their tracks, so naturally Halloween was held on October 31st :D I've been thinking all day long, which outfit the little one should wear. She looked like a little like fairy My boyfriend decided to surprise me and the little girl with a pumpkin :D He knew that I absolutely wanted to carve a pumpkin - my very first here in America - and, unfortunately, due to time constraints, it never worked on weekends. JT came Wednesday right after work and so Jill, JT and me carved a pumpkin. Then the three of us went out for "trick or treat" :)
the end result: D
With the end of the week I was so exhausted because I had to work from sunday evening to friday evening! So the weekend I decided that JT should plan it. On Saturday we were shooting clay pigeons. Man man man, I had a lots of respect and angst. At first I only watched and then I could finally try to shoot myself. I can only say WOW! That was a lot of fun and I shot my first clay pigeon :D
Shooting in Prince George Country, MD :)


Then we went the first time grocery shopping :D We got a lot and found some pretty nice savings :D In the evening we went out for bowling with his family. We bowled no less than 4 (!) hours and it has been so much fun! A few strikes I also managed, unfortunately, I never won the game itself, but I was better than my boyfriend :D *haha* On Sunday we just relaxed and fought with sore muscles :D Sunday evening we went to his sister's, because she invited us to the birthday dinner for their little sister. Kristen was 5 hours in the kitchen and cooking the favorite food of Kelly- Perogies! This is a kind of pasta filled with mashed potatoes or sauerkraut. It was quite tasty, but I'm not the big fan of Polish food.

this is what the Perogies!


Veterans Day was on Monday and I was off half a day. And what makes Steffi at their half day off when she has to work at 3 clock again? Exactly - getting sick :( I was just tired, freezing and exhausted. Well I went to work anyway and I got rewarded with fever and barely sleep through the night. The next day all was well again. Stupid 24 h viruses!!






And now I sit here and write my blog, where I have to actually work :D Yes indeed I had an early start in the weekend, because my employer took the friday off. And what I'll do? A bit of paperwork and just sleeping :D


Oh and the total shock to me: Thanksgiving is already next week: D and Christmas is *juhuuuuuu* and what will JT and Steffi buy for Christmas? Yesssss a TV :D